In this article we look at some ways of cooking molecular gastronomy. Kitchen in a restaurant such a direction quite different from the usual - this is not the plate with huge boiling pots, there is no heat from the pan and bustle - it is more like a chemical laboratory, where everything is clean, neat, and calibrated in place. There is no place for haste. Instead of pots - traps, and bowls and other containers for products replace the bulb and measuring cups. In special containers - powders and liquid reactants in cylinders under pressure and Dewar vessels - liquid nitrogen and helium.
So, what are the main techniques used by the wizard to prepare dishes of molecular gastronomy?
1. Spherification - creating artificial eggs every taste. The liquid is enclosed like a thin film that dissolves in the mouth, creating an explosion of taste. Secret this technique dilution of sodium alginate in the liquid and subsequently contacting it with calcium lactate.
2. gelling or Create Common dishes with unusual taste. Try spaghetti with broccoli and egg flavored with orange flavor! In preparing the agar-agar is used or carrageenan derived from seaweed. The use of these ingredients and unusual appearance molecular cuisine delights different from ordinary home-made jelly made with the sachet of gelatine.
3. Emulsification - creating foams, which are prepared in concentration of product taste. First emulsified molecular cuisine dishes were only drinks, fruit and vegetables, it is now more and mushroom, meat and coffee Espuma, and even skin of Borodino bread!
4. Sguschivanie allows sauces thick, but light and non-greasy. Fruit smoothies made in this technique, full of fruit, which seem to float in the beverage and not stick to the bottom. Effectively look alcoholic beverages, decorated layers using this method.
5. Freeze or treatment with liquid nitrogen (its temperature almost - 200 C). Cooling occurs almost instantaneously, allowing you to keep all the properties of the product and looks very impressive.
6. evacuation or thermal treatment of the product in a vacuum package in a waterbath at a temperature of 60 degrees. This preparation lasts maybe even a few days, but the dish becomes incredibly flavorful and juicy. It is also used for pickling vegetables and fruits.
Be sure to visit the restaurant and try dishes of molecular gastronomy - you will not remain indifferent!