Molecular cuisine training
A lot of information can be obtained in this direction. What to look for when choosing molecular cuisine training:
* Group or individual lessons. Naturally, all the attention will be focused on you. Accordingly, the effectiveness of this approach is higher.
* Who is the teacher. More than 50% of success depends on the choice of Sensei. This is the most important factor when choosing training, the status of the teacher determines a lot. Personal acquaintance is also very important. Even if you have not learned something in training, you can always ask a question later.
• Price-quality. How long does it take to learn molecular cuisine and what you will learn during this time? It is very important that these are practical lessons. It's one thing to tell all in theory and quite another when you do make, for example, molecular spaghetti or work with spumoni. I'm not talking about technologies like levitation or luminous dishes.
* Molecular cuisine training program. You can study caviar on agar, and you can see how levitation works. The difference is that you will be shown a huge one.
Molecular cuisine. Historical fact
In 1988, two scientists, Nicholas curti and Herve tis, were United by the idea of studying the processes of cooking from the side of physical and chemical phenomena. The experimenters did not study the composition of the products, but the ways of their transformation: how the souffle thickens, why the whipped sauce acquires a dense consistency... Technologies for changing the structure of ingredients have become a new trend in cooking, called "molecular cuisine".
What is surprising molecular cuisine
* Special equipment-dehydrators, evaporators, centrifuges, siphons, homogenizers, etc. can hide the true appearance of familiar products, transforming them beyond recognition.
* Labor costs, pedantry and cooking time. Some molecular dishes I cook for several days, paying special attention to the proportions: high accuracy is required here, an error can turn into a failure. Molecular cuisine requires upgrading your usual skills.
* Serving and shape of dishes. Sometimes an unconventionally designed dish surprises, while the usual technologies are used. The view in molecular cuisine is very important.
Technologies in molecular cuisine
The main techniques used in this direction:
• Foams and foam – a method of converting solid and liquid products into foam with preservation of taste.
* Jelly-turning ingredients into gel, jelly using stabilizers-gelan, Kappa, agar, and others. In this direction a lot of interesting characteristics and gelification. For example, those that turn the product into jelly when heated, or those that keep the consistency at a sufficiently high temperature. This can be spaghetti from wine, caviar on agar, a thin gloss for presentation.
* Transglutaminase-modeling atypical forms from meat or fish using enzymes that glue muscle tissue. In other words, meat glue.
* Su-view-vacuum technology. Long-term processing in a sealed bag at low temperatures, thanks to which the meat becomes soft, the fish-juicy, and the vegetables remain crispy.
* Low-temperature method-ice cream, mousses and similar desserts are prepared using liquid nitrogen. Spheres made of juice with the use of helium, edible stones, hemispheres, snow... This also includes cold flavoring based on dry ice.
* Levitation - flying dishes floating in the air using liquid nitrogen, a super conductor, and a magnetic trap.
* Popcorn from cereals and air chips - air structures created by high temperatures, sublimation, chips, powders. I can put all this in this category. Extraction of moisture and further processing leads to different results.
* Fermentation-reactions in the cell that lead to changes in the structure and taste of the product. The simplest example is garlic jam, but there are many other molecular methods.
* Shells, stones, film, foil - all this I highlighted in one direction, as the technologies are somewhat similar to each other.
* Sponges-porous pastry, sometimes called moss. I selected a separate line of molecular cuisine, although the technology is very simple. Here it is very important to apply, as they say, to the topic.
* Luminous dishes-technology for working with fluorescent proteins. On my scale, one of the most complex and new directions of molecular cuisine.
Is molecular cuisine harmful?
Unfamiliar names of ingredients and additives raise doubts. At first glance, it seems that such a dish can not be healthy and natural. This is nothing more than a delusion.
Any food consists of chemical compounds: natural dyes, flavor enhancers, preservatives. The composition of the molecular products includes all of the same substance.
For example, sodium alginate is an extract from kelp algae, lecithin is obtained from vegetable oils, and liquid nitrogen is part of the air we breathe.
On the other hand, transglutaminase is banned in many countries because it causes serious changes in the cell.
Teaching molecular cuisine at home
I picked up a couple of simple recipes for home experiments.
You only need eggs and an oven with electronic temperature control.
Put the eggs in the shell in a container with water and cook at 64°C. After 2 hours, they will turn into a silky Fudge. It can be spread on a piece of baguette or take as the basis of the sauce.
You can also change the structure of the yolk by first freezing the egg overnight and then defrosting it. The yolk will become more dense. It can be pickled and used in sauces, espuma.
Chips from the yolk. Separate the yolk from the protein and dry at room temperature on salt. In the future, it can be cut into thin slices.
Chocolate decor. Heat 450 g of bitter chocolate in a pan on a steam bath until completely dissolved. Add ice to a separate bowl of cold water. Chocolate in a thin stream is deposited in the ice. It turns out a great decor. Which can be baked in berry powder or used as roots for decorating desserts.
Ice cream with French fries. In this recipe, I use the author's Actinidia jam, ice cream and deep-fried potato threads. This is thinly sliced potatoes breaded in starch or flour and fried in oil. Then sprinkle with berry powder. It is unlikely that you will recognize potatoes in this dish if you are not told this in advance.
In fact, molecular cuisine is a spectacular show for those who are fed up with traditional cooking. It opens the door to a vast unknown world full of stunning gastronomic discoveries.
What will you get from my training in molecular cuisine?
* The approach to the customer is individual. The program is developed specifically for you and your interests. The session is held with only one person.
• It is possible to work with levitation in practice, make a unique decor, work with helium and liquid nitrogen. Or make ready meals with a professional photo session for your portfolio.
* Acquaintance, further communication, assistance in finding a job.
How do I sign up for training?
• The first thing to do is to call or write to WhatsApp at +79062256597.
* Discuss the molecular cuisine training program. Indicate your wishes.
* Book the date of the master class and make a prepayment.