At the age of 4 months, the child becomes much more active and curious - he never stops smiling, knowing the world, and watching with interest everything happening. The period of active growth, and nature itself indicates that the baby requires a much more varied diet - or a mixture of breast milk is no longer able to provide all the needs of the crumbs.
By the way, 4 months of age, in some cases, is the ideal to start feeding - at this time there are the best response to the new food. If you start later - for example, from 6-7 months, you may encounter a variety of allergies and lack of a child of nutrients and trace elements.
It is important to know
• Lure 4 - 4.5 months is considered to be early: it usually shows children underweight and iron deficiency;
• Usually, recommend to start keeping foods out of 5 - 5.5 months;
• Late complementary feeding (6 months) is possible in the case if the mother of the child is completely healthy and fully powered, but the child did not have symptoms of mineral deficiencies. This is due to the fact that a 5 - 5.5 months' supply of iron is depleted, and this can cause for the occurrence of iron-deficiency anemia.
The lure of the child in the 3 - 6 months: the rules
1. The lure can be started only if the child is able to sit without support, controls the movement of the head and is healthy enough;
2. The best time to offer your child a new product for him - the day or late in the morning: at the time the child is usually in a good mood and he is not hungry;
3. Interval between breastfeeding and complementary feeding should be at least 2 hours, and the combination of such power is simply unacceptable;
4. Give your child get used to the new texture - start with liquid products, moving to a more dense.
Food and meals in child nutrition
You start with a variety of juices and broths. This is done as follows:
1. In the first days of juice diluted with clean, boiled water - a few drops at first, but gradually (for 7 days) amount is adjusted to 1 teaspoon pure juice;
2. Every 2-4 days this number can be increased by 1 spoonful of up to 10 hours. Liters per day (5 for one meal).
3. juices should not be mixed. Let each new product separately, see the reaction of the body - if it is negative, for example, a child happened diarrhea, then you will know what is the reason and what should be discarded.
What kind of juice you can give?
• Vegetables - cabbage, cucumber or carrot;
• Fruit and berry - apple, currants, cherry diluted (preference for savory);
• Citrus and strawberry juices are not recommended without consulting a pediatrician - they can cause allergies;
• It is best to choose local, seasonal produce, not the tropical exoticism.
Mashed potatoes and porridge
After the juice can be added to the diet of children aged 5 or 6 months, vegetable, fruit or berry puree and mashed cereal (60-70 grams per day).
At the age of 5 - 6 months are allowed:
• Fresh apple, carrot, pumpkin, pear puree;
• Oatmeal, barley or buckwheat (not milk).
Once the child gets used to porridge, you can switch jelly, oatmeal cooked in broth. After mastering all of these meals is to replace one breastfeeding lure.
Next child's diet can be diversified:
• Purée (up to 80 grams per day);
• Soup-puree on a vegetable broth (1 spoon 50 ml);
• Baked apples.
The diet in 6 months
To sum up briefly: what products are allowed in the 6 months of age, and which are not recommended?
Include baby food:
• Vegetables, pulses;
• Meat puree birds in small numbers;
• A bit of boiled fish;
• Fruit - raspberries, apples, pears, melons, peaches, bananas;
• Cereals - rice, corn.
Each product is introduced into the food carefully, slowly.
• greasy, spicy, food with lots of spices;
• Milk, eggs, nuts, bread;